* Ülo Krigul was born on November 7th, 1978, in Tallinn
* Educated in music academies in Vienna and Tallinn as a contemporary composer
* Has worked in wide range of genres from commissions for large symphony orchestras to electroaccoustic installations, theatre and film music.
* Besides composing he has been active as a musician and arranger in blues and jazz scene and in experimental music groups.
* Has been commissioned/performed among others by Phoenix Ensemble (Switzerland), Ensemble U: (Estonia), Ensemble Resonabilis (Estonia), New Paths Ensemble (USA), Orchestrutopica (Portugal), Estonian State Symphony Orchestra, Estonian Music Academy Symphony Orchestra, Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir, Quasar Quartet (Canada), Tallinn Chamber Orchestra with Risto Joost, Pärnu Festival Orchestra with Paavo Järvi.
* His works have been premiered in Berlin Konzerthaus, in Wien Musikverein, in Helsinki Finalndiatalo, in Lissabon Gulbenkian Arts centre, in New York City University Hall, in a random village in Czech Republic, on the crossraods of Rüütli street in Pärnu (a nice seaside town in Estonia), in a former airport of waterplanes in Tallinn… and many other decent places.
* Most important awards include the first prize at the International Composers’ Rostrum in Paris in the category of composers under 30 years in 2007 and Europäische Komponistenpreis 2005 at the young.euro.classic festival. Both for orchestra work „JenZeits”.
His work “Swan Bone City” for soprano and orchestra was awarded the Composer Prize of the Estonian Music Days Festival 2012 and Prince Pierre of Monaco Music Composition Prize in 2014.
* Has been active as film-music composer. The scores for Veiko Õunpuu´s films have gathered tens of prizes and screenings from festivals around the world, including „Orriszonti prize” in Venice Film Festival (for the feature film „The Temptation of St. Tony”) and Best original music in Festival Premiers Plans d’ANGERS (for „Autumn Ball”)